How to Make a Cushion Headboard Top
Cushion headboard top – With pillow top headboards be comfortable and stylish at the same time. You do not have to buy an expensive one. You can also simply create one in order to save money. So it can be a project for you to work if you have nothing to do or when you get bored.
Here are the steps for making a cushion headboard top. When making a Cushion headboard top, you’ll need a measuring tape, foam (two centimeters wide), batting, scissors, ruler, stapler, staples, and plywood required.
- Measure your bed frame. In order for you to know how big the pillow-top head should be you first need to measure how wide your bed frame is.
- Trim the next piece of plywood. The plywood must be trimmed in a rectangular shape which is the same amount as what you have decided on so that it will definitely fit over the bed.
- Cut the foam. After working on the plywood, you can start trimming the foam layer in a format that the piece of plywood that you would just cut suit. Scissors or a utility knife can do the trick.
- Washing and ironing the fabric. After the fabric is washed and ironed, put it on the headboard. You need to smooth out the fabric before stapling it down so it would be presentable enough. Staple below the fabric will lock it.
- Place mounting brackets. You can finish your pillow-top head by adding or installing mounting brackets just right above your bed and then placing the headboard you in the stirrups.
Making a cushion headboard top just as you like may not be as difficult a job after all. You must be careful in all measurements and even cut into it, so that you can obtain the desired power.